To be honest, we’ve never actually had non-vegan poutine – but we like to think that this tastes better than the original because it’s pretty darn delicious.
All you need is:
French Fries (we’ll be honest again, we used frozen curly fries, but you could easily make your own)
Vegan Cheese (we used Trader Joe’s vegan mozzarella)
Rice Milk (we use this kind)
Vegan Gravy (get our recipe here)
It’s that simple, so why wouldn’t you make it? If you do, let us know in a comment below or tag us on Instagram!
- 3 cups french fries we used vegan seasoned curly fries
- 3 pieces vegan bacon
- 1 serving of our vegan gravy
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese
- 1 tsp. rice milk
- 1/2 avocado
- Start by cooking the french fries according to the instructions on the packaging (or make your own).
- While the fries are cooking, make our vegan gravy (recipe here).
- Next, make the vegan bacon (either use our recipe here or cook Lightlife foods bacon on the stovetop according to instructions on the packaging).
- Chop vegan bacon into small pieces once cooked.
- Cube the avocado
- Once the fries are just about done cooking, put the vegan cheese and rice milk in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds (take out and stir halfway).
- When the fries are done, assemble your poutine.
- Layer the fries, gravy, vegan cheese, avocado, and vegan bacon. Serve immediately!