This crispy tofu sammy is BAKED, not fried, and just as delish.
tofu (extra firm!)
paprika & garlic salt
nutritional yeast (we always use this brand)
+ sandwich makings
So simple to throw together!
Check out some of our other sandwich options!
Baked Crispy Tofu Sammy
For the crispy tofu
- 1/2 block extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup unsweetened nondairy milk we prefer rice
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
For the sandwich
- 2 slices bread + vegan margarine and garlic salt
- 1/4 cup vegan mozzarella
- 1 small tomato sliced
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut your tofu into 4 strips.
- In one bowl, add the nondairy milk.
- In another, mix together the panko, paprika, garlic salt, and nutritional yeast.
- Take a slice of tofu, dip into the milk, then cover with the panko mix, then place on your baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the tofu.
- Bake for ~40 minutes, flipping halfway (longer for crispier).
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread and sprinkle garlic salt over the butter.
- On a frying pan, place your pesto, cheese, and tofu in between your bread and crisp up on both sides, allowing the cheese to melt. Once that’s done, add in your tomato and avocado and enjoy!