We often get asked about how we cook our tofu. Well, we cook it so many different ways:
And we even buy pre-baked!
We love this recipe because it gets the tofu so crispy without deep frying. The secret to those extra crispy edges? Coat the tofu in cornstarch before lightly frying in oil.
We prefer firm or extra firm tofu for this recipe! One we love is this kind.
Yep, that’s it!
We love this tofu in our BBQ Tofu Bowls but you can get creative! This recipe is super easy to double (the picture shows a double batch) or even triple, so go ahead and get cooking!
Making this recipe? Make sure to tag us on Instagram!
Easy Crispy Tofu
- 1 14 oz block firm or extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup oil of choice we like olive or canola
- Drain the tofu and pat dry with a towel or paper towel.
- Cut the tofu into small cubes. Pat the cubes dry again.
- Place the cornstarch in a mixing bowl.
- Place the tofu pieces into the bowl and shake around so that all the pieces are covered in cornstarch (alternatively you can coat each piece separately).
- Heat the oil on a non-stick large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Place each piece of tofu in the pan.
- Allow them to crisp on the bottom side, and then flip them around and allow to crisp on every side.
- Serve in any way you’d like – get creative! We love it coated it BBQ or any asian sauce.