Some nights we just want that classic barbecue food – but without barbecuing. We give you: the BBQ tofu bowl. Filled with:
Crispy BBQ tofu
Baked beans – we used this kind!
& bell pepper
You’ll get all those classics without heating up the grill.
I mean, just look at this bowl.
And this tofu? It’s the tofu to end all tofus. It’s so simple to make, just a few ingredients, super crispy, and takes on any flavor you give it (recipe HERE) – this is where the barbecue sauce comes into play.
All of the flavors come perfectly together in this bowl – so go ahead, get in the kitchen!
BBQ Tofu Bowls
For the rice:
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
For the tofu:
- 1 batch our easy crispy tofu
- 1/4 cup vegan BBQ sauce plus extra for serving!
For the veggies:
- 1 can vegan baked beans
- 2 cups frozen corn + 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 head broccoli
- 1/2 bell pepper, sliced we used a combo of red and yellow
- 1 avocado, sliced
- fresh parsley, minced
- vegan ranch
- In a saucepan, add the rice and water with a splash of olive oil. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover until fully cooked (once the water is gone).
- Make our easy crispy tofu. Once it is done, add the BBQ sauce to the tofu and mix it up so every piece is covered.
- Heat the baked beans in a separate frying pan.
- Bring the water for the corn to a boil and add the corn. Bring to a simmer and cook until the water is gone.
- In a frying pan, add the 1tbsp oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli and pepper to the pan. Cook until the veggies are soft.
- Serve the bowls with a little of everything + extra BBQ sauce + vegan ranch & parsley if desired!