Calling all brussels sprout haters! Here is a recipe that will change your life. Crispy, crunchy and perfectly cooked brussels sprouts that are not only easy to make, but delicious at the same time.
Here is what you will need:
Panko breadcrumbs – We used JFC Panko Bread Crumbs
Oil – Canola worked for us!
Brussels Sprouts – Obviously!
Flour – We used TJ’s Whole Wheat
Spices – Parsley & Garlic Salt
Nutritional yeast – Try this one!
Crispy fried onions – You can crumble by crunching them in your hands.
Your favorite dipping sauce – We used Just Chipotle Mayo for this one.
Flash Fried Brussels Sprouts
- About 20 brussels sprouts
- Oil for frying
- Water for boiling
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup crushed French fried onions or more panko
- Boil brussels sprouts in water for 15 min until soft. Drain water and let brussel sprouts cool.
- For the batter: mix 2/3 cup water with flour.
- For the breading: mix panko, parsley, garlic salt, nutritional yeast, and crushed up fried onions in separate bowl from batter.
- Heat oil in frying pan – make sure you use enough to fully submerge each brussels sprout in the oil.
- Dip each brussels sprout one by one in the batter mixture and then the breading mixture
- Flash fry each piece for only about a minute until the breading is golden and crispy.
- Drizzle with your favorite sauce and enjoy! We topped ours with vegan spicy mayo!