A healthier, just as delicious version of nachos! This dish is super simple to make, contains mainly whole foods & is super tasty. Perfect treat for taco Tuesday (or any/every day of the week if we are being honest!).
Simply, bake the seasoned potatoes and top them with a simple jackfruit mixture made up of:
Jackfruit (find our favorite brand here – you can also find it at Trader Joes) + a little oil
And finish assembling them with even more toppings:
& our absolute fav, our homemade cashew queso! It’s so easy to make. You just throw all of the ingredients in the blender and you’re done! Get the recipe here.
Feel free to play around with anything you have in your pantry/fridge/freezer. Want to sub the jackfruit for chick’n, seitan, or tempeh? Go for it! Have fun with this recipe.
We love that these nachos are loaded with ALL. THE. TOPPINGS. What are you waiting for? Try them out now!
Jackfruit Potato Nachos
For the potatoes
- 2-3 russet potatoes depending on size
- 3-4 tbsp olive or canola oil depending on preference/amount of potatoes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the jackfruit:
- 1 20oz can jackfruit
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vegan taco seasoning
- 1-2 tsp water
- 8oz (~1/2 can) black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
For the toppings:
- 1/4 cup onions diced
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup our homemade cashew queso (get the recipe here!) room temperature or heated
Make the potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash the potatoes and slice each lengthwise, about 1/4-1/8 inch thin.
- Place the potatoes on a lined baking sheet.
- Mix together the oil, garlic powder, chili powder & salt.
- Brush the oil mixture on to the potato slices.
- Bake for ~20 minutes (longer if the potatoes are thicker and not crispy, you want them to be almost like a chip).
Make the jackfruit mixture
- Rinse and drain the jackfruit. Squeeze out any excess water.
- Chop the jackfruit into small pieces.
- Heat the olive oil on low-medium heat in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Mix in the jackfruit. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the taco seasoning and stir, slowly adding the water so the seasoning coats the jackfruit evenly. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the beans and frozen corn. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven once they are done cooking.
Assemble the nachos
- Place the potatoes flat on a plate. Top with jackfruit mixture, onions, salsa, avocado, homemade queso and lettuce.