We love anything that involves peanut butter and cookies.. so we are SO excited to bring you these peanut butter cookie bars! Not only do they contain just TEN ingredients, they are ready in about just about 30 minutes.
Plus, you probably have just about everything in your pantry, and if you don’t, we’ve recommended some substitutions you can try.
Disclaimer: we haven’t tried every substitution, but we think you’d have luck with them. If you do try out a substitution, your dough may have need some adjustments. Inspect it before you add the chocolate chips: if you find that your dough feels a little too dry, add a little extra nondairy milk. If you find that your dough seems sticky, add some extra flour.
All-purpose flour (try subbing wheat flour or all purpose gluten free flour) measured correctly! Check out this post to learn how.
Brown sugar + white sugar (try subbing coconut sugar or another granulated sweetener)
Creamy peanut butter (swap for another nut butter or sunflower seed butter)
Vegan buttery sticks (swap for solid coconut oil or vegan margarine from the tub)
Plant milk (try any you have on hand)
Vegan chocolate chips (try substituting for vegan candies, nuts, or any type of chocolate)
If you make these, be sure to leave us a review in the comments section!
Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) vegan butter
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plant milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips plus extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9"x13" pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Mix the dry mixture into the wet. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press the dough evenly onto the pan and top with extra chocolate chips, if desired.
- Place in the oven and let bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Allow to cool and slice into bars!