This is our go-to taco meat! It’s quick and easy to throw together, making it perfect for Taco Tuesday. All you need to do is to throw together a spice blend and add it to a saucepan with oil and vegan ground beef, then stir and heat until fully cooked. Yes, it’s that easy.
This is the perfect addition to these loaded nachos with:
and fresh cilantro!
Easy Vegan Taco Meat
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika can sub smoked paprika if desired
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 16 oz vegan ground beef
Make the spice blend
- Combine all ingredients for the spice blend in a small bowl.
- Add the oil to a saucepan over low-medium heat.
- Add the vegan ground beef to the saucepan and begin to cook.
- Sprinkle the spice blend overtop and stir until combined. Add water, as needed, to fully mix in the spice blend and keep the "beef" from sticking.
- Sauté until the vegan beef is completely cooked (time needed will depend on the brand).
- Serve! We love this on nachos, in tacos, or in a taco salad.