This easy coconut rice is a staple in our family. We love how flavorful it is and that it’s beyond easy to throw together.
Plus, it’s made with just a few simple ingredients:
canned coconut milk
That’s it! Just strain your rice, add to a saucepan with a can of coconut milk and a cup of water, bring to a boil then down to a simmer. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, add a little salt, and fluff up with a fork. It’s too easy!
We love pairing this with our peanut tofu or grilled peanut tofu satay.
This simple coconut rice is made with just a few kitchen staples. We love pairing it with our peanut tofu or grilled peanut tofu satay.
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 (13.5oz) can full fat coconut milk*
- 1 cup water
- Salt, to taste
- Strain the rice until the water runs clear.
- Add to a saucepan with the coconut milk and water. Place over high heat until it boils, then reduce to a simmer.
- Allow to simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Add salt to taste and fluff up with a fork.
*You must use canned coconut milk for this recipe, rather than coconut milk from a carton.
could u use any other rice
Hi Edie! You can use other types of rice, but you may need to adjust the cooking time depending on what type of rice you are making.