This easy coconut rice is a staple in our family. We love how flavorful it is and that it’s beyond easy to throw together.
Plus, it’s made with just a few simple ingredients:
canned coconut milk
That’s it! Just strain your rice, add to a saucepan with a can of coconut milk and a cup of water, bring to a boil then down to a simmer. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, add a little salt, and fluff up with a fork. It’s too easy!
We love pairing this with our peanut tofu or grilled peanut tofu satay.
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 (13.5oz) can full fat coconut milk*
- 1 cup water
- Salt, to taste
- Strain the rice until the water runs clear.
- Add to a saucepan with the coconut milk and water. Place over high heat until it boils, then reduce to a simmer.
- Allow to simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Add salt to taste and fluff up with a fork.