This is one of our most popular recipes for a reason – it’s SO good. It’s made with:
Soy Sauce or Tamari
You can pair it with noodles, rice, veggies, or anything else you desire!
One of our most popular and personal favorite recipes- PEANUT TOFU! We love to pair it with carrots, broccoli, rice, and green onions, but this recipe is good with just about anything (rice, noodles, veggies, etc.)!
- 1 14 oz. block of extra firm tofu
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil for marinade + 1 tbsp. for sauteing
- 3 tbsp. peanut butter both crunchy and creamy will work
- 2 tbsp. agave or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. sriracha
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 inch of fresh ginger peeled and minced
- Take tofu out of package and let water drain out for at least 30 minutes(If you are short on time, pat tofu with a paper towel and lightly squeeze out the water).
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Chop tofu into small cubes.
- Put tofu in the oven for 20 minutes (this will dry out the tofu, allowing it to better absorb the marinade).
- While the tofu is cooking, make marinade by combining all ingredients (listed under tofu) in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk well.
- Once the tofu is done cooking, take out of the oven and put into the mixing bowl with the marinade.
- Mix well so that all of the pieces of tofu are covered with the marinade.
- Let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Put olive oil for sauteing in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add tofu (trying to keep most of the marinade in the bowl, some will transfer and that’s okay).
- Saute the tofu until golden brown on all sides.
- Serve tofu and top with the remainder of the sauce (we usually microwave the sauce for ~10 seconds to heat up prior to serving). We like to pair our tofu with rice & veggies, but serve it with whatever you please!