This post is sponsored by Country Crock® Plant Butter. All opinions and recipes are our own.
This cookie dough is super fluffy and creamy — plus, it’s the perfect protein-packed dessert to make for the start of the new year! It’s made with Country Crock® Plant Butter for a deliciously smooth and fluffy cookie dough. Country Crock® Plant Butter is gluten-free, vegan, and generates less than half the carbon footprint than the production of dairy butter — you never need to buy dairy butter again!
With the new year beginning, there’s no better time to make the switch to a vegan lifestyle or incorporate more plant-based foods into your diet. Country Crock® Plant Butter bakes and cooks like dairy butter, making the switch from dairy butter that much easier.
You need just eight simple ingredients for this gluten-free and vegan protein cookie dough:
Country Crock® Plant Butter: This is the creamy base of the cookie dough. It lends that classic cookie dough flavor and creates a perfectly fluffy dough. Country Crock® Plant Butter is a perfect 1:1 swap for butter in your dessert recipes.
Maple syrup: This natural sweetener adds a rich flavor and sweetness to the cookie dough. You can sub for agave if desired.
Non-dairy milk: This helps with the texture of this cookie dough. Use your favorite non-dairy milk.
Vanilla extract: This adds a rich flavor to the cookie dough and helps give it its classic flavor.
Gluten-free oat flour: This replaces all-purpose flour for a gluten-free alternative.
Vegan vanilla protein powder: This adds protein to the cookie dough. Use your favorite protein powder to ensure great flavor.
Salt: A touch of salt helps bring out important flavors in this cookie dough.
Non-dairy mini chocolate chips: A must for cookie dough!
How to make this cookie dough
This cookie dough is beyond easy to make.
- Beat the butter until fluffy. Add the plant butter to a mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer and beat until fluffy.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients. Add the maple syrup, milk, vanilla, oat flour, protein powder, and salt and beat again until smooth and creamy. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Enjoy! Grab a spoon and dig in! Place any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. We also love distributing this into single-serving containers for later.
Protein Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Country Crock® Plant Butter, softened
- 2/3 cup maple syrup can sub for agave
- 2 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 2/3 cup vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup non-dairy mini chocolate chips
- Add the Country Crock® Plant Butter to a mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer and beat until fluffy.
- Add the maple syrup, milk, vanilla, oat flour, protein powder, and salt and beat again until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Grab a spoon and dig in! Place any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. We also love distributing this into single-serving containers for later.