This noodle dish is deliciously sweet, salty, and a little bit spicy. It has rich flavors of sesame, ginger, and garlic. You’ll be so obsessed with this dish you’ll find yourself going back for seconds and thirds.
Instant ramen: You’ll use the noodles from instant ramen packages and discard the flavor packets (or use elsewhere).
Oil: You’ll use both olive and toasted sesame oil in this recipe.
Vegan ground beef: Use your favorite! We love Impossible or Beyond.
Garlic: Use fresh minced garlic for the best flavor profile.
Ginger: Fresh minced ginger adds a delicious flavor, but feel free to use a bit of ground ginger in a pinch.
Soy sauce: This makes this dish saucy and salty, but feel free to use less sodium to reduce the salt.
Light brown sugar: This adds a rich sweetness to the dish. Feel free to use less than called for if you’d like it less sweet.
Chili garlic sauce: This adds a bit of spice – add more or less to taste.
Unseasoned rice vinegar: Rice vinegar adds a sweet and sour flavor to this dish.
Sesame seeds: You’ll stir these into the dish and also sprinkle some on top.
How to make this dish
Start by boiling the noodles (this should just take 3 to 4 minutes, but check the back of the package for a time estimate). Strain, rinse, and set them aside.
Next, make the “beef” sauce. Start by sautéing the “beef” until it’s browned, then add freshly minced garlic and freshly minced ginger. Cook until fragrant, then stir in the remaining sauce ingredients. Bring to a gentle boil, then simmer to thicken slightly.
Finally, stir in the noodles and serve topped with extra sesame seeds. So easy! This dish is delicious when served warm, room temperature, or even cold.
You may also like
Sesame Ginger “Beef” Ramen Noodles
- 4 (3 oz [85 g]) packages instant ramen, flavor packets discarded
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 (12-16 oz [340 – 453 g) package vegan ground beef
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 inch (3.8 cm) ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) soy sauce
- 1/3 cup (73 g) packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp (17 g) sesame seeds, plus extra for topping
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) toasted sesame oil
- Cook the ramen according to package (about 3-4 minutes in boiling water). Drain and rinse.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the "beef" and cook, stirring often, until browned
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 30 seconds to one minute.
- Stir in the soy sauce, brown sugar, chili garlic sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame seeds. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil, then decrease to a simmer to thicken.
- Finally, stir in the noodles and sesame oil. Serve topped with more sesame seeds! This can be served warm, room temperature, or cold.