Sunday morning isn’t complete without PANCAKES! More specifically, vegan chocolate chip pancakes! These are a perfect sweet treat to enjoy with brunch.
- all-purpose flour (measured correctly)
- sugar (we use organic)
- baking powder + salt
- nondairy milk + ac vinegar (this is your vegan buttermilk!) – soy works best for this!
- vegetable oil
- vanilla extract (we always buy this organic option because it’s a good deal!)
- and, of course, chocolate chips!!! We love this brand for vegan minis!
Everyone will love this recipe – vegans and non-vegans alike – so get baking!
Pair it alongside some savory brunch items like our classic tofu scramble or vegan breakfast sammies!
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Looking for Sunday brunch inspo? Well, you’ve come to the right place! Whip up a batch of these fluffy chocolate chip pancakes the whole family will enjoy, guaranteed.
- 1 1/4 cup non-dairy milk + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour measured correctly
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup regular or mini vegan chocolate chips
- Extra vegetable oil for pan
- Whisk together the milk and vinegar and set aside to curdle for 10-15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Once the milk has curdled, pour the milk mixture, oil, and vanilla into the dry mixture.
- Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan (oil should lightly coat the bottom of the pan) over medium heat.
- For mini pancakes, pour 1 tbsp of batter onto the pan for each pancake. For normal-sized pancakes, pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
- Cook until the bottom is lightly golden-brown and bubbles form on top. Flip and cook on the other side until it is golden-brown.
- Repeat with all of the batter and serve immediately with vegan butter and syrup!
This recipe came out so delicious! The pancakes were super fluffy.
So glad to hear that! Thank you so much for the kind review, Amy!
What kind of gluten free flour that will work in this recipe?