Sunday morning isn’t complete without PANCAKES! More specifically, vegan mini chocolate chip pancakes! These are a perfect sweet treat to enjoy with brunch.
all purpose flour (measured correctly)
sugar (we use organic)
baking powder + salt
nondairy milk + ac vinegar (vegan buttermilk!!) – soy works best for this!
vanilla extract (we always buy this organic option because it’s a good deal!)
and, of course, mini chocolate chips!!! We love this brand for vegan minis!
Everyone will love this recipe – vegans and non-vegans alike – so get baking!
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cup non-dairy milk + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 3/4 cup flour measured correctly
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup regular or mini chocolate chips
- Extra vegetable oil for pan
- Whisk together the milk and vinegar and set aside to curdle for 10-15mins.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Once the milk has curdled, pour the milk mixture, oil, and vanilla into the dry mixture.
- Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan (oil should completely cover the bottom of the pan) on medium heat.
- For mini pancakes, pour 1 tbsp of batter on to the pan for each pancake. For larger pancakes, pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
- Cook until the bottom is golden-brown and bubbles form. Flip and cook on the other side until it is golden-brown.
- Repeat with all of the batter and serve immediately with vegan butter and syrup!