This recipe puts a healthy spin on the classic comfort dish we all know and love – and it’s made with just a few simple ingredients:
Noodles (We like these gluten free ones!)
Non-dairy milk (We like this kind)
Nutritional yeast (We use this brand!)
Flour & spices
It’s just too easy, how could you not make it? See below for the full recipe!
Check out some of our other mac n cheese recipes!
Easy Creamy Classic Mac n Cheese
Broccoli Mac & Cheese
A healthy spin on a classic dish!
- 1 cup pasta cooked according to package instructions
- 2 tbsp olive oil separated
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/2 white onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk we prefer plain rice milk for its neutral flavor
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small head of broccoli chopped into small pieces
- Heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large saucepan over low-medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- Whisk in the second tbsp of olive oil and flour until they are fully incorporated.
- Slowly whisk in the rice milk, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder and salt until all ingredients are well combined. Bring to a boil.
- Turn back down to low-medium heat and stir in the broccoli.
- Let the mixture heat covered (lifting the lid and stirring occasionally) for about 5 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked pasta & serve in two bowls and enjoy (we love to top it with follow your heart vegan parmesan)! The sauce will thicken once cooled a bit.
One of my faves!!! It’s become a staple in our house, yum!!!
It was surprisingly good!!! I enjoyed it! Thank you sisters 💓❤😊🤗💌 I am having fun making you guys recipe cooking in the kitchen dinner and desserts.