This isn’t Kraft’s mac ‘n’ cheese – it’s better. And healthier (you’re welcome, cholesterol levels.) And of course, vegan! We easily veganized a simple mac ‘n’ cheese by using:
Vegan Cheddar Cheese (we used Daiya)
Nondairy Milk (we used this rice milk)
Vegan Butter (we used this brand)
All Purpose Flour
So simple, right? You can thank us later.
Check out our other mac n cheese recipes!
Easy Creamy Mac ‘n’ Cheese
- 16 oz elbow macaroni cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups nondairy unsweetened, plain rice milk
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp yellow or dijon mustard
- 2 cups vegan cheddar cheese
Make the cheese sauce:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Stir in the flour and let cook for a few minutes, forming a roux.
- Slowly add the milk while continuously stirring. Mix in the spices and mustard.
- Let cook until the mixture bubbles, occasionally stirring.
- Add the cheese while continuously stirring. Mix until it is completely melted.
- Combine the cheese and noodles until completely combined. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve and top with extra paprika and parsley.