This isn’t Kraft’s mac ‘n’ cheese – it’s better. And healthier (you’re welcome, cholesterol levels.) And of course, vegan! We easily veganized a simple mac ‘n’ cheese by using:
Vegan Cheddar Cheese (we used Daiya)
Nondairy Milk (we used this rice milk)
Vegan Butter (we used this brand)
All Purpose Flour
So simple, right? You can thank us later.
Check out our other mac n cheese recipes!
Easy Creamy Mac ‘n’ Cheese
- 16-20 oz elbow macaroni prepared and drained (depends on how you like your noodles to cheese ratio)
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups nondairy unsweetened, plain milk (we prefer rice)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp yellow or dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- optional: garlic powder and onion powder to taste
- 2 cups vegan cheddar cheese
Make the cheese sauce:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Stir in the flour and let cook for a few minutes, forming a roux.
- Add the spices and mustard. Slowly add the milk while continuously stirring.
- Let cook until the mixture bubbles, occasionally stirring.
- Add the cheese while continuously stirring. Mix until it is completely melted.
Construct the mac:
- Combine the cheese and noodles until completely combined.
- Serve and top with extra paprika and parsley.