We could seriously eat this buffalo mac & cheeze everyday. It is THAT GOOD. All it takes is a few simple ingredients:
Gluten free pasta shells (we like this brand)
Olive oil or vegan butter
All Purpose Flour (choose your favorite gluten free flour if you want it to be gluten free)
Rice milk (we like this brand)
Dijon mustard (here is an organic brand)
Vegan buffalo sauce (try out this brand!)
Vegan cream cheese
Vegan cheddar cheese (We like to shred the Daiya cheddar cheese block)
Try out our other delicious versions of mac & cheeze:
Buffalo Chick’n Mac & Cheeze
- 2 cups dry pasta
- 3 tbsp. olive oil or vegan butter
- 3 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 2 cups rice milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 block shredded cheddar cheese or 1/2 cup pre-shredded cheese We recommend Daiya for this recipe
- 2 tbsp. vegan buffalo sauce + 1 tbsp. for the chick’n
- 1/2 cup pulled chick’n or vegan pork we love Morningstar Farm’s substitute pork in this recipe
- Cook the pasta according to instructions on the package.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan.
- Whisk in the flour until fully incorporated & let cook for about 2 minutes.
- Slowly mix in milk, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and mustard until it is dissolved. Allow to heat for about a minute.
- Add buffalo sauce, cream cheese and cheddar cheese to the sauce.
- Heat on medium for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate pan, sauté the chick’n or vegan pork for about five minutes.
- Add the buffalo sauce to the chick’n.
- Add the chick’n & the cooked noodles to the sauce, stir. Let sit, off heat for about 5-10 minutes to let the sauce thicken.