Cozy up with this baked mac n’ cheese! The crispy topping gives it a delicious crunch while the cheesy sauce pairs perfectly with the noodles.
Vegan butter (we always have this brand in our house)
Rice milk (this is our go-to)
Vegan cream cheese (We like Tofutti or Go Veggie) or cashew cream
Nutritional yeast (we use this brand)
French fried onions
This recipe will please your whole family!
Vegan Baked Mac n Cheese
- 1 16 oz box uncooked cellentani pasta
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup white flour
- 3 cups rice milk
- 2 cups vegan shredded cheddar cheese or use a combo of your favorites
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese feel free to sub homemade cashew cream (see notes)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 1/4 tsp salt add more or less to taste
- 1 cup french fried onions
- 1/2 cup vegan Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta according to package.
- For the cheese sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Whisk in flour to make a roux.
- Whisk in milk slowly and simmer until thick and bubbly.
- Mix in nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and salt.
- Stir in cheese and cream cheese or cashew cream* until melted.
- For the crispy topping blend french fried onions, breadcrumbs, garlic salt, and parsley in a food processor or blender.
- Combine the noodles and cheese sauce and pour into an 9×13 glass pan.
- Sprinkle the topping all over and cover with foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then take the foil off. Bake for another 5 minutes uncovered.