Our creamy Alfredo sauce is made with simple ingredients and in our opinion, tastes better than the original non-vegan version. Made with just:
Vegan Butter (Our go-to brand)
Flour (Here’s an organic option!)
Nondairy Milk (We prefer this rice milk)
Nutritional Yeast (We always use this brand)
Vegan Mozzarella (We like this kind and Trader Joe’s brand)
Salt & Pepper
this creamy sauce perfectly complements vegan chick’n strips (we like Morningstar and Gardein brands) if you choose to add them and fettuccine noodles. Need a recommendation for vegan fettuccine noodles? We love this brand!
What are you waiting for? This dish takes less than 30 minutes to whip up and your whole family is sure to love it!
If you love this dish, check out some of our other favorite pasta recipes!
Creamy Fettuccine Alfredo
- 12-16 oz vegan fettuccine noodles amount depends on how saucy you like your pasta! We prefer 12 oz to make it extra saucy.
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups unsweetened, plain nondairy milk we prefer rice milk for its neutral flavor
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup vegan mozzarella cheeze
- 1/2 tsp salt + more to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper + more to taste
- Vegan chickn or sausage, optional for topping
- Fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to the instructions on the packaging.
- While the noodles are cooking, melt the butter in a pan over medium-heat, mixing periodically.
- Once melted, add garlic and mix.
- Add flour and whisk to make a roux.
- Slowly pour in milk and whisk until thickened and the roux is fully incorporated (you may need to turn up the heat a bit for this to happen).
- Finally, add in the cheese, nutritional yeast and seasonings. Mix again.
- Stir in noodles until fully mixed and covered in sauce.
- Top with your favorite vegan chick'n or sausage, fresh parsley & more salt & pepper! Serve!