Mint chocolate chip ice cream was always one of our favorites growing up, so of course we had to come up with a homemade vegan version. There’s something about the cold chocolate chips and the minty fresh ice cream that’s just so delicious. Throw it between two chocolate chip cookies (recipe HERE) and you’ve got yourself a tasty dessert the whole family will love. Plus- it’s a great way to sneak some spinach into your kids’ diet! All you need is:
Almond Milk Creamer
Coconut Milk Creamer
Canned Coconut Milk (we love this kind)
Sugar (click here for an organic brand)
Spinach (Yes, spinach)
Peppermint Extract (check out this brand)
Mini Chocolate Chips (these are vegan)
This will get nice and creamy in your ice cream maker. Don’t have an ice cream maker? Try our no-churn recipe!
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 1 cup almond milk creamer or alternative type
- 1 cup coconut milk creamer or alternate type
- 1 can chilled coconut milk just the hardened part
- 1 cup sugar you can adjust based on preferred sweetness
- a few handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a food processor, blend the spinach with a little bit of creamer until it is well blended.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients (minus the chocolate chips) with the spinach mixture.
- Churn the ice cream following your ice cream maker’s instructions. (If you don’t have an ice cream maker, we have a no-churn mint chocolate chip ice cream recipe HERE)
- Once your ice cream is done, mix in the chocolate chips (this is our favorite brand).
- Place the ice cream in a metal loaf pan and cover it with plastic wrap (so that the wrap is directly touching the ice cream).
- Freeze until solid (this may take overnight – this is not necessary if you want more of a soft-serve consistency).
- We placed this in between two chocolate chip cookies (recipe HERE) for the most delish ice cream sammies!