This creamy cajun chick’n pasta is the perfect dish for family dinner. The sauce is oil and soy free (if you use rice milk). Make it tonight with the following healthy & delicious ingredients:
Brown rice pasta (we love this brand!)
Unsweetened, non-dairy milk (we prefer this kind)
All purpose flour
Nutritional yeast (this is our favorite)
Spices: black pepper, salt, paprika, cayenne pepper & dried oregano
Your favorite chick’n (this is optional, omit for soy free)
Try out some of our other favorite pasta dishes:
Creamy Cajun Chick’n Pasta
- 2 1/2-3 cups pasta depending on type of pasta and desired sauce-pasta ratio
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups unsweetened, non-dairy milk we prefer rice milk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp black pepper or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper omit or add a very small amount if you do not like spice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 vegan crispy tenders
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Sauté the chick’n for ~5 minutes on each side, then cut into thin slices.
- While chick’n & pasta are cooking, sauté the garlic in a non-stick pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the milk, flour & nutritional yeast to the garlic and whisk until fully incorporated. Bring to a boil
- Let cook on medium heat for ~5-7 minutes, stirring continuously. The sauce will thicken.
- Stir in all spices & lemon juice (limit or omit the cayenne pepper if you do not like spice).
- Stir in cooked pasta and sliced chick'n. Enjoy!