We love cauliflower wings because they are so versatile and so delish. You can add your favorite spices, coatings, and sauces.
But we have to tell you – covering the cauliflower in a mixture that involves crispy onions is a complete GAME CHANGER. How have we not thought of this before?
Nondairy, unsweetened milk
Buffalo sauce (vegan margarine + hot sauce!)
Not only are these easy to throw together, they’re a huge crowd-pleaser and loved by vegans and non-vegans alike.
Serve with a drizzle of vegan ranch to take them to the next level!
If you like these, check out some other crowd-pleasing appetizers:
Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- 1 medium-sized head cauliflower
- 1 cup unsweetened nondairy milk we prefer rice milk (it has a super neutral flavor & is awesome for cooking!)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups crispy onions
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 3/4 cup vegan margarine
- 1 cup hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Chop the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
- In one bowl, whisk together the milk and flour.
- In a food processor, add the crispy onions, nutritional yeast, parsley, and garlic salt and blend. Pour into a separate bowl.
- Dip each piece of cauliflower in the flour/milk mixture, then the crispy onion mixture, then place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake the wings for ~35 minutes, until crispy (flip halfway). For extra crispiness, broil them for a few minutes or throw them in the air fryer!
- Make the buffalo sauce: melt the margarine in a saucepan. Add the hot sauce and mix.
- In a large bowl, add the cauliflower bites and buffalo sauce. Gently mix until completely covered.
- Serve with a drizzle of vegan ranch, if desired!