Was anyone else OBSESSED with peanut butter blossoms growing up? There’s just something about biting into that crunchy chocolate on top of a chewy, sugary peanut butter cookie.
You’ll need the following ingredients for the peanut butter cookies:
- Vegetable shortening
- Peanut butter
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla (this is the brand we use – it’s a good deal!)
- Flour, salt, & baking soda
And you’ll need just two ingredients for the chocolate dollops:
- Chocolate chips (these are vegan!)
- Coconut oil
That’s it! They’re so easy and taste just like the cookies we all grew up eating, if not better.
To get that classic peanut butter blossom feel, you just press into the cookies with a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon when they come out of the oven, then spoon in dollops of melted chocolate!
So easy and so tasty!
Check out some other cookie recipes:
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (+1/4 cup for rolling) sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup sugar. Beat until creamy.
- Add the milk and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture. Fold until combined.
- Roll tablespoons of dough into the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, until golden. Once you remove the cookies, press into the centers of the cookies with a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon.
- Microwave the chocolate chips and coconut oil in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Place a dollop of chocolate into each divot and set out or refrigerate until set. Enjoy!