For our 12th and final day of 12 Days of (vegan) Christmas, we’re giving you the recipe for delicious gingerbread cookies! We’ve had so much fun so far with 12 Days and hope you have too. Did you miss a day? Get the links to every recipe here!!
Day 2: Creamy Alfredo Pasta
Day 4: Puppy Chow
Day 5: Cheesy Bacon Dip
Day 6: Mac ‘n’ Cheese
Day 8: Christmas Crack
Day 9: Magic Bars
Day 10: Chick’n Noodle Soup
Day 11: Cookie Dough Dip
(TODAY!!) Day 12: Gingerbread Men!
These vegan gingerbread cookies are perfect for the holidays – they’re so easy to make, so fun to decorate, and so festive! For the dough, we use:
Vegan Margarine (Check out this kind!)
For a delicious combo try dipping them in our cookie dough dip (click here!)
So yum! Enjoy!
For the cookies:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp vegan margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tbsp nondairy milk
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup vegan butter room temp
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-3 tsp milk
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ginger, and cinnamon.
- In a separate, larger bowl, add the butter, brown sugar, molasses, milk, and vanilla. Beat with a mixer.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until completely combined.
- Form the dough into a ball and wrap in cling wrap. Place in the fridge for about an hour.
- To make the frosting, place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat with a hand mixer. Add milk to your preferred consistency (we added ~3tsp). We put the frosting into a squeeze bottle for easier decorating!
- Once the cookies are chilled, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly flour a surface and place the chilled dough on top. Begin to roll it out the dough with a rolling pin. I find it works best once you knead a little flour into it. Roll it to be ~1/4″ thick.
- Cut out shapes and place on a lined baking sheet. They will puff up a bit so leave a little room in between each.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes.
- Chill completely and decorate!! We also used vegan sprinkles and vegan m&ms (these are delish!!)
- These are amazing dipped in our cookie dough dip (click here!), especially if you make them a little crispy!