This recipe has been a family favorite for years. Every time we make it it’s gone by the end of the day! Even a double batch won’t last more than 24 hours in our house.
Once you make it yourself, you’ll see why. If you like chocolate and peanut butter – and who doesn’t? – then you’ll be obsessed with this crunchy combo. To make this vegan version of a classic dessert, we use:
Vegan Rice or Wheat Squares Cereal
Go ahead and give it a try – we can’t wait to here what you guys think!
Vegan Puppy Chow
- 1 to 2 large plastic bags
- 1 1/2 cups dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegan butter or margarine
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 box rice or wheat squares or any other version of this cereal
- 3+ cups powdered sugar
- Put chocolate chips, peanut butter, and margarine in a medium sized microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave for about a minute. Stir the mixture, then microwave in 15 second intervals (stirring after each) until melted & creamy.
- Add the vanilla and stir until combined.
- Pour the cereal into a large bowl.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal. Mix until every cereal piece is covered.
- Open up your large plastic zip-lock. Pour in one cup of powdered sugar, then about half of your cereal mixture. On top, add another 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and zip the bag tightly.
- Start shaking the bag. I recommend doing this over a sink or garbage can in case of any spills or loose powdered sugar! Shake until all the pieces are evenly covered. You may need more powdered sugar – add to your liking!
- Repeat steps six through eight with the second half of your cereal. You can use the same bag if the seal still works!
- Serve & ENJOY!