This recipe has been a family favorite for years. Not only is it easy to throw together, but it’s hard to eat just one handful.
Once you make it yourself, you’ll see why we’re so obsessed. If you like chocolate and peanut butter (and who doesn’t?), then you’ll be obsessed with this crunchy combo.
You need just six simple ingredients for this recipe:
Vegan Rice or Wheat Squares Cereal
You may also like
Vegan Puppy Chow
- 1 to 2 large plastic bags
- 1 box rice or wheat squares or any other version of this cereal
- 1 1/2 cups dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3+ cups powdered sugar
- Pour the cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- Put chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a medium sized microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave for about a minute. Stir the mixture, then microwave in 15 second intervals (stirring after each) until melted and creamy.
- Add the vanilla and stir until combined.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal. Mix until the pieces are well coated.
- Open up your large plastic zip-lock. Pour in one cup of powdered sugar, then about half of your cereal mixture. On top, add another 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and zip the bag tightly.
- Start shaking the bag (we recommend doing this over a sink or garbage can in case of any spills or loose powdered sugar!) and shake until the pieces are evenly coated. Add more powdered sugar, if needed.
- Repeat steps six through eight with the second half of your cereal. You can use the same bag if the seal still works!
- Serve and enjoy!