Growing up, we always made the Indoor S’mores from the back of the Golden Grahams box. There wasn’t much we loved more than crunchy cereal and warm chocolate (hello, vegan puppy chow). We stopped making them when we went vegan, though, as the original cereal and recipe are both not vegan.
Recently, though, we found a vegan graham cereal and knew we had to recreate the dessert we loved so much. And our vegan version did not disappoint.
You just need a few simple ingredients for this no-bake dessert:
- vegan graham cereal (we recommend this brand)
- vegan butter
- light corn syrup
- non-dairy chocolate chips
- vanilla extract
- vegan mini marshmallows
All you have to do is heat the corn syrup, vegan butter, and chocolate chips in a saucepan until melted and creamy. After removing the mixture from heat, you stir in the vanilla extract.
You then combine the chocolate mixture with the cereal and finally, mix in the mini marshmallows. You can even omit the marshmallows for a still-delicious, even simpler treat!
To serve, you press the cereal mixture into a lined baking sheet and allow it to set for at least 1 hour, then slice into bars. If you’re impatient, though (as we often are), you can just dig into the warm, chocolatey cereal with a fork or your hands, foregoing the wait time.
More you may like
If you like no-bake desserts, check out a few more of our recipes:
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups nondairy chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (9.6 oz) package (~8 cups) vegan graham cereal
- 2 cups vegan mini marshmallows
- Line a 9"x13" pan with parchment paper.
- Place the cereal in a large mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the vegan butter, corn syrup and chocolate chips. Heat until melted and creamy, stirring often and making sure not to burn.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the mixture over the cereal. Stir until evenly coated.
- Mix in the marshmallows, 1 cup at a time, until evenly mixed.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared baking dish. Press down so that it's evenly spread across the pan.
- Let stand until firm (at least 1 hour).
- Cut into 15 large bars or up to 48 small bars. Enjoy!