You know Little Debbie’s Cosmic Brownies that we all grew up eating? Well, these no-bake bars will take you back to those times – without worrying about the too-long-to-count ingredients list and the dairy products.
For the brownies, you’ll need:
- Cocoa Powder (this is an organic option)
- Cashews (we use raw)
- Dates (these are a good deal!)
- And vanilla extract
They’re topped with a rich ganache made of:
To give them that real cosmic brownie taste, either top the brownies with vegan candy-coated chocolate pieces or a combination of mini chocolate chips (these are vegan!) and rainbow sprinkles.
So easy, right? You won’t believe these are better-for-you, gluten-free, and vegan.
You may also like
Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Fudge
Double Chocolate Brownie Bites
Funfetti Cake Batter Cookie Dough Protein Bites
No-Bake Cosmic Brownies
Just like Little Debbie's – but vegan, gluten free, and made with better-for-you ingredients!
For the brownies:
- 1 cup (150 g) raw unsalted whole cashews
- 1 cup (200 g) pitted dates (soaked in warm water for ~5-10 minutes, then drained and patted dry)
- 1/4 cup (25 g) cocoa powder
- Splash pure vanilla extract (optional)
For the chocolate ganache:
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) agave or maple syrup
- 3 tbsp (18 g) cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp vegan candy coated chocolate pieces (or 1 tbsp each of vegan mini chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles)
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Puree all brownie ingredients in a food processor.
- Press brownie batter into the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the melted coconut oil, agave, and cocoa powder.
- Pour the ganache on top of the brownie batter.
- Sprinkle on the toppings.
- Chill until the ganache is set, slice into 10 pieces, and enjoy!
We need to make these ASAP! They would last like, two seconds though haha!
So so so good! It’s dense in all the right ways like the OGs.