You know Little Debbie’s Cosmic Brownies that we all grew up eating? Well, these no-bake bars will take you back to those times – without worrying about the too-long-to-count ingredients list and the dairy products.
For the brownies, you’ll need:
- Cocoa Powder (this is an organic option)
- Cashews (we use raw)
- Dates (these are a good deal!)
- And vanilla extract
They’re topped with a rich ganache made of:
To give them that real cosmic brownie taste, either top the brownies with vegan candy-coated chocolate pieces or a combination of mini chocolate chips (these are vegan!) and rainbow sprinkles.
So easy, right? You won’t believe these are better-for-you, gluten-free, and vegan.
You may also like
No-Bake Cosmic Brownies
For the brownies:
- 1 cup (150 g) raw unsalted whole cashews
- 1 cup (200 g) pitted dates (soaked in warm water for ~5-10 minutes, then drained and patted dry)
- 1/4 cup (25 g) cocoa powder
- Splash pure vanilla extract (optional)
For the chocolate ganache:
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) agave or maple syrup
- 3 tbsp (18 g) cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp vegan candy coated chocolate pieces (or 1 tbsp each of vegan mini chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles)
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Puree all brownie ingredients in a food processor.
- Press brownie batter into the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the melted coconut oil, agave, and cocoa powder.
- Pour the ganache on top of the brownie batter.
- Sprinkle on the toppings.
- Chill until the ganache is set, slice into 10 pieces, and enjoy!