We love one-pot dishes because not only are they super convenient, they require minimal dishes which makes clean-up extra easy!
This creamy garlic orzo dish is quick and easy to whip up! Plus, it requires a few simple pantry staples that can be paired with any roasted veggies or tofu/vegan chick’n/protein that you have in your kitchen. We recommend topping it with the crispy tofu in this recipe — it’s so good and one of our favorite ways to cook tofu!
For this dish, all you need is:
Veggie Stock (we like to use this combined with water for the best flavor)
Onions & garlic
Rice milk (plain & unsweetened, we recommend this brand)
Parsley, salt & pepper
We love this dish as a side for summer meals, especially BBQ’s! It is so delicious and the perfect pair to literally everything.
Love this recipe? Try out some of our other creamy pasta recipes (which are awesome sides as well and perfect for your next BBQ):
Creamy Garlic Orzo
- 4 tbsp vegan butter separated
- 2 cups orzo
- 3 cups vegetable stock or bouillon & water
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 3/4 cup rice milk plain, unsweetened
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Melt 2 tbsp vegan butter in a large skillet over low-medium heat. Stir in onions, garlic & orzo and sauté until orzo is lightly browned, about 5 minutes (stirring continuously & be careful not to burn the orzo).
- Slowly add the vegetable stock (or bouillon & water) and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cook for about 13 minutes, stirring occasionally (until the orzo is fully cooked).
- Once cooked, stir in the last 2 tbsp butter, rice milk and nutritional yeast. While continuing to stir, bring back to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer and stir in salt, pepper, parsley & lime juice. Cook on low for another minute or so.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!