This vegan hamburger helper will take you straight back to your childhood. Plus, it doesn’t get much better than being able to make an entire dinner using just one dish.
Made with healthier, plant-based ingredients, this dish comes together in 30 minutes or less and is sure to please the whole family.
First, you’ll cook up some vegan crumblers. You can use your favorite brand, we love these!
Finally, mix in some homemade cashew cream (recipe here) and serve. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
If you like this dish, check out a few more family-friendly dinner recipes:
One Pot Vegan Hamburger Helper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz vegan crumblers (vegan ground beef)
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups rice milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked cellentani pasta
- 1 cup vegan shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup cashew cream*
- Parsley, for topping optional
- Place the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the crumblers and stir until cooked.
- Mix in the tomato paste and spices, stirring to coat the crumblers.
- Add in the rice milk, water, and noodles. Stir to fully mix, then turn up the heat and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes (or more, as needed), until the noodles are cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Mix in the cheese and allow to cook for a couple of minutes, stirring often, until the cheese is melted.
- Finally, mix in the cashew cream. Taste and add more salt, as necessary. Serve warm topped with parsley, if desired.