We love having simple go-to recipes that we can whip up any night of the week. This peanut broccoli is a delicious side to make with almost any dish or eaten by itself on a bed of coconut rice. It’s super easy to whip up and only uses one pan! All you’ll need is:
olive or canola oil
All of the above are definite staples in our household! To stock up, check out the links and buy for yourself.
To make, cook the broccoli in some oil and water, whisk the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and stir into the cooked broccoli. It’s so easy, why not make tonight? Create yourself a feast by pairing with our orange tofu or sweet and sour tofu and coconut rice!
This dish can easily be made gluten free by using tamari. So, what are you waiting for? Get cooking!
- 2 tsp canola or olive oil
- 8 cups diced broccoli
- 1/2 cup water separated
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp agave or maple syrup
- Heat canola or olive oil in a large saucepan over low-medium heat. Add broccoli and let cook, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup water, then cover and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Stir in another 1/4 cup water, cover and cook for another 7-10 minutes, until a fork can poke through – be sure that they're cooked through but not too soft.
- Meanwhile, whisk the sauce ingredients together in a separate small bowl.
- Once broccoli is cooked, stir in sauce and cook for another minute or so while stirring. Serve immediately on a bed of rice or with your favorite main dish!