Take 5 bars were a treat we loved growing up – we’re obsessed with that sweet and salty combo. So (of course) we had to recreate them.
The delicious combination of sweet and salty comes from just a few simple ingredients:
Vegan chocolate chips (these are our favorites)
Homemade caramel (made from dates, vanilla, and salt)
Peanut butter (this is our go-to brand)
Pretzels (you can use a gluten-free option)
In our opinion, these taste even better than the original Take 5 bars we grew up eating. In addition to being animal-friendly, these treats are made from good-for-you ingredients, so go ahead, dig in!
Make sure to let us know which candies we should recreate next on our Instagram!
You may also like
“Take 5” Cups
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (about 10) medjool dates, pitted
- splash vanilla extract
- dash salt
- Peanuts, as needed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter melted
- 12-16 pretzels can sub gf pretzels
- Sea salt flakes optional
- Place the pitted dates in a bowl. Cover with hot water and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes, then drain.
- Melt the chocolate chips in 30 second intervals until creamy (or use a double broiler).
- Line a mini muffin pan with 12-16 mini muffin liners.
- Fill each with 1-2 teaspoons of melted chocolate.
- Freeze until solid (about 5-10 minutes).
- Make the caramel by blending all the ingredients in a food processor until creamy. If necessary, add small amounts of water to get the mixture to blend.
- Top the chocolate in each cup with ~1 tbsp of the caramel.
- Top each with a few peanuts.
- Top with ~1 teaspoon of peanut butter then ~1 teaspoon of the melted chocolate. Swirl with a toothpick.
- Press a pretzel on the top of each.
- Sprinkle each with a few salt flakes.
- Chill. Keep a batch in the freezer for a tasty treat whenever the craving hits!