These fluffy, chocolatey muffins taste like they came straight from a bakery’s oven. They’re beyond simple to make, which means they’re easy enough to throw together any day of the week.
You’ll need just ten simple ingredients for these muffins:
Salt, baking soda, and baking powder
Nondairy milk + apple cider vinegar (this is your vegan buttermilk)
And that’s it! Find the full amounts in the recipe below.
You may also like
Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 cup (240 ml) nondairy milk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar or lemon juice)
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) canola oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (170 g) vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a muffin tin.
- Whisk the milk and vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, salt, baking soda and powder, and sugar.
- Add the canola oil and vanilla to the milk mixture and whisk again.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour equal sized portion into the prepared muffin pan, filling each about 3/4 of the way (this recipe will make about 12 muffins).
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean or with just crumbs.