It’s no secret that we have TONS of cookie recipes on here. From our Giant Salted Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies to our Frosted Sugar Cookies and Classic Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, we’ve got you covered in the vegan cookie department. But, one thing we’ve been missing (and working on perfecting) is a gluten free cookie recipe that tastes just as good as all of our other non-gluten free cookies!
So, are y’all ready for this? We have perfected this GLUTEN FREE COCONUT OIL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE recipe and we can’t wait for you all to try it!
For this recipe, all you need is:
Gluten free oat flour (tip: you can make your own oat flour by blending pure oats in a high-speed blender)
All Purpose Gluten Free Flour (we love Bob’s Red Mill)
Coconut Oil, firm and at room temperature (use refined for less of a coconut flavor, unrefined for more of a coconut flavor)
Non-dairy milk (we typically use soy in baking)
White Sugar (opt for organic, if possible)
Brown Sugar (you can make your own by combining 3/4 cup white sugar with 3/4 teaspoon molasses)
Vegan Chocolate Chips (we love Enjoy Life)
Gluten Free Coconut Oil Chocolate Chips Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free oat flour measured correctly
- 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour measured correctly
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup coconut oil solid, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- flaky sea salt optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the flours (measured correctly), salt, baking soda, and cornstarch.
- In a larger mixing bowl, beat the coconut oil with the sugar and brown sugars until creamy. Mix in the milk and vanilla.
- Add ~half of the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until just combined. Add the rest and mix until combined.
- Fold in all the chocolate chips.
- Place ~1.5 tbsp balls of dough on your baking sheet. Top each with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt, if desired.*
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until they are baked to your liking.