These potatoes are perfectly seasoned and crispy. Look no further for an easy holiday side dish!
These yummy potatoes are made with the following simple ingredients:
- Red skin potatoes or small potatoes of choice
- Olive oil
- Dried or fresh rosemary
- Fresh garlic
- Onion powder, salt & pepper
How to make these potatoes
It is way too easy to create this side:
- Boil potatoes. Bring a large stock filled 3/4 the way with water to a boil and cook the potatoes.
- Prepare. Once 5 minutes are left, preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together ingredients. Mix the oil, rosemary, minced garlic and onion powder in a small bowl.
- Smash and season potatoes. Place the potatoes on the prepared sheet and smash. Brush with oil mixture.
- Bake. Place in preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and sprinkle on some salt. Flip, brush with leftover oil and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until nice and crispy (broil on high for a minute or two if desired).
- Season. Top with salt and pepper (more to taste).
Impress your family with this easy dish tonight!
You may also like:
Smashed Rosemary Garlic Potatoes
- 3 lbs red skin potatoes (or small potatoes of choice) scrubbed clean
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced fresh rosemary can substitute 1/2 tbsp dried
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt separated
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Fill a large stock pot with water 3/4 the way. Add potatoes (making sure they are fully covered with at least an inch of water above them) and bring to a boil.
- Cook on high for 20-25 minutes, until penetrable with a fork (larger potatoes will take longer to cook).
- Once 5 minutes are left to boil, preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the oil, rosemary, minced garlic and onion powder in a small bowl.
- Place the potatoes on the prepared sheet and smash. You can do this with a fork, bottom of a drinking glass or potato smasher. Brush each potato with oil mixture. Set aside remaining oil for later.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes, take potatoes out and sprinkle evenly with 1/2 tsp salt.
- Flip the potatoes carefully and brush with leftover oil (if there isn't any left, spray potatoes with cooking oil) and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until nice and crispy (broil on high for a minute or two if desired).
- Top with the remaining 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper and serve (you can add more to taste).