These bowls are a go-to meal for us. We love this combination of quinoa, veggies, crispy garbanzo beans, and veggie burgers, however feel free to play around with your favorite ingredients. The tahini-dijon sauce is absolutely delicious, so feel free to make a double or triple batch to keep in your fridge!
The base of these bowls is prepared quinoa, but you could use rice, lettuce, or your favorite grain.
Crispy Garbanzo Beans
You’ll make crispy garbanzo beans by sautéing a can of garbanzo beans in a bit of oil.
This recipe uses air fried sweet potato, peas, and corn for a delicious combination of vegetables, however feel free to play around with your favorites.
We prefer to use our favorite veggie burgers in these bowls, however you could use vegan crispy chicken, vegan sausage, or your favorite baked tofu on top of these bowls.
You’ll make a delicious tahini-dijon dressing to drizzle over these bowls.
You may also like
Quinoa Sweet Potato Power Bowls
- 1 cup dry quinoa + water as needed
Air fried sweet potato
- 1 large sweet potato (or 3 small) peeled and diced
Crispy Garbanzo Beans
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 4 veggie burger patties or vegan protein of choice
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 cup (128 g) tahini
- 1/4 cup (60 g) dijon mustard
- 2-4 tbsp (30-60 ml) maple syrup or agave
- Juice from half a lemon
- Water to thin
- Salt and pepper to taste
Make the quinoa
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
Make the air fried sweet potato
- Place the diced sweet potato into the air fryer basket. Air fry at 400°F for 15-20 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes, until puffed and crispy (being careful not to burn).
Make the crispy garbanzo beans
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garbanzo beans and sauté, stirring around often, for 5-7 minutes, or until crispy.
Prepare the veggie burger patties
- Sauté or grill the veggie burgers according to package instructions.
Prepare the remaining veggies
- Heat the corn and peas (or vegetables of choice) according to package instructions.
Make the sauce
- Stir together tahini, mustard, 2 tbsp (30 ml) maple syrup, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir in water, as needed, to reach the desired consistency. Stir in more maple syrup (up to 2 tbsp [30 ml] more) and salt and pepper to taste.
Assemble the bowls
- Chop the veggie burgers into bite-sized pieces. Distribute the quinoa into four bowls. Top each with an equal amount of sweet potato, crispy garbanzos, and other veggies. Top each with one chopped burger and a big drizzle of sauce. Serve immediately.