These muffins are reminiscent of cinnamon sugar donuts, but with a chai twist. They’re made up of deliciously fluffy chai muffins coated in melted vegan butter and then a cinnamon sugar mixture. They are beyond delicious.
The delicious chai-spiced muffins are made of the following ingredients:
- nondairy milk + apple cider vinegar
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda and baking powder
- nutmeg, ginger, cardamom, allspice and cinnamon
- granulated sugar
- canola oil
- vanilla extract
And the coating is simply:
- vegan butter
- granulated sugar and cinnamon
You may also like
Cinnamon Sugar Chai Muffins
- 1 cup (240 ml) soy milk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) apple cider vinegar (can sub white vinegar or lemon juice)
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) canola oil
- 1 tsp (10 ml) pure vanilla extract
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 1/2 cup (113 g) vegan butter, melted
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (8 g) ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Whisk the milk and vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, salt, baking soda and powder, spices, and sugar.
- Add the canola oil and vanilla to the milk mixture and whisk again.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix until just combined.
- Pour equal sized portion into the prepared muffin pan, filling each about 3/4 of the way (this recipe should make 12 muffins).
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean or with just crumbs. Once baked, allow to cool slightly while you prepare the coating.
- Place the melted butter in a small bowl. Stir together the sugar and cinnamon in a separate small bowl.
- For each muffin, remove from the pan and gently coat in the melted butter, then place in the cinnamon sugar mixture and coat well. Set on a serving tray.