It’s hard to beat the smell of pumpkin coming from the kitchen on a chilly Fall morning – that’s why these pumpkin muffins are absolutely perfect this time of year. They’re fluffy, moist, and so flavorful. Enjoy them with a warm cup of coffee!
They’re made with simple, plant-based ingredients. You’ll need:
all purpose flour
salt, baking soda, and baking powder
cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves
pumpkin purée (use pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling)
and vanilla extract
That’s all! Scroll down for the full recipe.
If you love this recipe, check out some of our other Fall favorites:
Fluffy Pumpkin Muffins
- 3/4 cup nondairy milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a muffin tin.
- Mix the milk and vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add the sugars, pumpkin purée, oil, vanilla and milk mixture to a large mixing bowl. Mix until smooth. Add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the muffin tin, filling all 12 cavities.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean or with only crumbs.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve! These are delicious plain or with a bit of vegan butter or pumpkin butter.