These muffins are perfect for the fall season. They’re lightly spiced, perfectly pumpkiny, and loaded with chocolate chips.
These require simple, plant-based ingredients:
- nondairy milk + vinegar
- all-purpose flour
- salt, baking soda, and baking powder
- pumpkin pie spice
- granulated sugar
- packed light brown sugar
- pumpkin purée
- canola oil
- pure vanilla extract
- vegan chocolate chips
You may also like
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
These muffins are perfect for the fall season. They're lightly spiced, perfectly pumpkiny, and loaded with chocolate chips.
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) nondairy milk
- 2 tsp (10 ml) apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, or lemon juice
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp (8 g) pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (55 g) packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (187 g) pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (168 g) vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Mix the milk and vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, sugar and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the pumpkin purée, oil, vanilla and milk mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the muffin tin, filling all 12 cavities.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean or with only crumbs.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve! These are delicious plain or with a bit of vegan butter or pumpkin butter.