These muffins are perfect for the fall season. They’re lightly spiced, perfectly pumpkiny, and loaded with chocolate chips.
These require simple, plant-based ingredients:
- nondairy milk + vinegar
- all-purpose flour
- salt, baking soda, and baking powder
- pumpkin pie spice
- granulated sugar
- packed light brown sugar
- pumpkin purée
- canola oil
- pure vanilla extract
- vegan chocolate chips
You may also like
Fluffy Pumpkin Muffins
Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
These muffins are perfect for the fall season. They're lightly spiced, perfectly pumpkiny, and loaded with chocolate chips.
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) nondairy milk
- 2 tsp (10 ml) apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, or lemon juice
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp (8 g) pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (55 g) packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (187 g) pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (168 g) vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Mix the milk and vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, sugar and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the pumpkin purée, oil, vanilla and milk mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the muffin tin, filling all 12 cavities.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean or with only crumbs.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve! These are delicious plain or with a bit of vegan butter or pumpkin butter.