This take on our classic Peanut Butter Blossoms is perfect for any chocolate lover. They’re perfectly crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and topped with a delicious dollop of chocolate.
For the chocolate peanut butter cookies, you’ll need 10 simple ingredients:
- vegetable shortening
- creamy no-stir peanut butter
- granulated sugar
- packed light brown sugar
- non-dairy milk
- pure vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- cocoa powder
- baking soda
For the chocolate dollops, you’ll need:
How to make
You’ll start by making a delicious chocolate peanut butter cookie dough, then rolling out balls of dough and coating in extra sugar. Once you’ve baked the cookies, you’ll press little divots in them using the bottom of a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon.
While they cool, you’ll make a melty chocolate. You’ll place a dollop of the chocolate into each cookie, creating a Hershey’s Kiss-like topping. Once the chocolate has set, these cookies are ready to eat and are absolute perfection.
You may also like
Chocolate Peanut Butter Blossoms
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups (187 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (33 g) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (95 g) vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup (135 g) creamy no-stir peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar, plus 1/4 cup (50 g) for rolling
- 1/2 cup (110 g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (168 g) vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tsp refined coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or bowl of the stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the shortening, peanut butter, 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar, and brown sugar. Beat with a hand mixer or the stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the milk and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Place the remaining 1/4 cup (50 g) of sugar in a small bowl. Roll tablespoon-sized (~18 g) balls of dough in the sugar and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, until lightly golden. Once you remove the cookies, press into the centers of the cookies with a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon.
- Add the chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until melted, stirring in between.
- Place a dollop of chocolate into each cookie divot and leave at room temperature or refrigerate until set. Enjoy!