For the 11th day of the 12 Days of Vegan Christmas (and to celebrate Crockpot’s 50th Anniversary!), we are bringing you a new Slow Cooker recipe for Lasagna Soup. It’s the perfect recipe for the holidays (and winter season as a whole!) because it’s easy, warming, and family-friendly.
The best part about making this soup in your Crockpot™ is that you can enjoy time with family or friends while the Slow Cooker does all the work for you! We are particularly excited to make this for Christmas so we can hang out and watch Christmas movies while the soup cooks–it’s a win-win.
Crockpot™ Design Series
We made this particular recipe in our Crockpot™ Design Series which we are currently obsessed with! Not only is it absolutely gorgeous (with a modern-vintage aesthetic), but it’s available in multiple sizes and new colors/styles and it has a manual warm setting that keeps food warm until it’s time to eat. Plus, its removable stoneware and glass lid are both dishwasher-safe and the stoneware is oven-safe up to 400°F.
So, grab that Crockpot™ and get cooking–this recipe does not disappoint! Want to save it for later? Pin it below.
This soup requires just 8 simple ingredients (+ water):
- vegan ground beef
- white onion
- vegan marinara sauce
- petite diced tomatoes
- vegetable broth
- campanelle pasta (or lasagna noodles broken up)
- vegan mozzarella cheese
How to make
Each step of making this soup uses the functions of the Slow Cooker. It’s beyond easy to make – just let your Crockpot™ do the work!
- First, you’ll brown the vegan beef in the slow cooker on high – this’ll take about 1.5 – 2.5 hours
- Next, you’ll add the remaining sauce ingredients and cook on high again for 3 – 3.5 hours
- Finally, you’ll add the noodles and let them cook for 30 minutes. Stir in the cheese and serve!
You may also like
Pressure Cooker Mac & Cheese
Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
Slow Cooker Cherry Dump Cake
Pressure Cooker Cinnamon Rolls
Slow Cooker Veggie Pot Pie Soup
Post sponsored by Crockpot™
Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
- 6-7qt Crockpot™ Slow Cooker
- 1 (14 oz [396 g] package) vegan ground beef
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) water
- 1 white onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (24 oz [680 g]) jar vegan marinara sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz [411 g]) can petite diced tomatoes
- 6 cups (1.44 L) vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups (150 g) dry campanelle pasta (or lasagna noodles broken up)
- 1 cup (113 g) vegan mozzarella cheese
- Vegan ricotta
- Vegan parmesan cheese
- Add vegan beef to the slow cooker and spread it across the bottom. Pour the water evenly overtop, then sprinkle the diced onions evenly overtop. Cook on high for 1 1/2 – 2 1/2 hours, until the beef is slightly browned and the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the garlic. Pour in the marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, and vegetable broth. Stir then let cook on high for another 3 – 3 1/2 hours.
- Stir in the pasta and cook on high for an additional 30 minutes. Stir in the mozzarella until melted.
- Serve with a dollop of vegan ricotta and a sprinkle of vegan parmesan, if desired.
This recipe is really REALLY good! I have an Italian husband who is a bit of a “purist” with his food (although we do eat a vegan diet). He also gives this recipe a 5 star.
I absolutely LOVED this recipe!! And my husband did as well. He sometimes misses the heartiness of food we ate before becoming vegan. But this was right on the money for him. He couldn’t wait to eat leftovers the next day. I’m making it again today! I used Impossible Sausage (Savory) for the plant-based beef. I also made a couple of modifications; using an entire box of lasagna noodles and adding a half cup or so of red wine. Delicious!