We’ve teamed up with Crockpot™ to bring you another simple slow cooker recipe: Baked Potatoes. This recipe is perfect to have in your back pocket for those nights when you need an easy, hearty dinner. Bonus: they are super customizable! Add vegan sour cream, vegan cheese, or even vegan bacon bits to take these to the next level.
Hunger Awareness Month
We’ve created this 2-ingredient recipe in partnership with Crockpot™ to help raise awareness for Hunger Awareness Month.
September is Hunger Awareness Month and Crockpot™ has partnered with Feeding America to raise both awareness and monetary donations to help end hunger.
You can help. Donate to Feeding America to help end hunger during the month of September and Crockpot™ will be matching donations up to $50,000 (!!) during the month of September.
We’ve created this simple, 2-ingredient recipe using the Crockpot™ Design Series® which has some awesome features:
- Available in 3 qt, 4.5 qt, and 7 qt sizes in new colors and styles
- Manual warm setting keeps food warm until it’s time to eat
- Removable stoneware and glass lid are both dishwasher-safe
- Stoneware is oven-safe up to 400°F
And if you needed any more reason to get one yourself, its modern-vintage aesthetic looks great in any kitchen. Head here to check it out!
You need just two main ingredients for this recipe: potatoes and vegan butter. Yes, they really are that simple!
Of course, we prefer to spruce them up with some salt and pepper, vegan cheese, vegan sour cream, and green onions. But you do you.
You may also like
Post sponsored by Crockpot™.
Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
- Crockpot™ Design Series®
- 3 Baked Potatoes this amount can vary depending on the size of your slow cooker and the size of your potatoes
- Vegan Butter
For topping, optional:
- Vegan cheese
- Vegan sour cream
- Green onions, chopped
- Start by scrubbing your potatoes well. Next, prepare three pieces of aluminum foil large enough to fully wrap each potato.
- One at a time, place a potato on a piece of foil and pierce it a few times with a fork. Top with a small dollop of vegan butter, and tightly wrap it so it's completely covered in foil. Repeat with each potato.
- Place all wrapped potatoes in your Crockpot™ Slow Cooker and let cook on high for roughly 4-5 hours (checking on them at 4 hours). The cook time will vary pending how large your potatoes are.
- Once fork tender (or as soft as preferred), slice each potato down the center and top with your desired toppings. We recommend vegan cheese, vegan sour cream, chopped green onion, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Serve warm.