You need just 8 ingredients for the sugar cookie:
- vegan butter (we prefer sticks)
- vegan sour cream (or yogurt)
- granulated sugar
- nondairy milk
- pure vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
The frosting requires three main ingredients:
- vegan butter
- powdered sugar
- nondairy milk
If desired, you can color it with a bit of vegan gel food coloring!
Finally, top this cookie off with vegan sprinkles!
You may also like
Single-Serving Giant Frosted Sugar Cookie
- 2 tbsp (28 g) vegan butter (cold)
- 1 tsp vegan sour cream (or yogurt)
- 3 tbsp (37 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp nondairy milk
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (41 g) all-purpose flour (measured correctly*)
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp (14 g) vegan butter
- 1/4 cup (31 g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp nondairy milk plus more as needed
- Vegan gel food coloring (optional)
- Vegan sprinkles
- Make the cookie: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place a square of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, sour cream and sugar until well incorporated (we typically use a fork to do this).
- Add the milk and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until just combined.
- Form into a ball and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until puffy and very lightly golden. Set aside to cool.
- Make the frosting: In a small bowl, beat the butter, powdered sugar and milk. Add more milk in small increments (~1/4 tsp at a time) as needed to reach a smooth, spreadable consistency. If desired, stir in a small amount of food coloring.
- Frost the cooled cookie with the frosting. Top with desired amount of sprinkles. Enjoy!