This dish pairs a creamy spicy almond sauce with rice noodles for the most delicious dinner! It’s super easy to make. Plus, it can easily be made gluten-free. We love it served with white rice and Maple Sriracha Tofu or Sweet and Sour Tofu.
If you have the following 8 ingredients on hand – get cooking!
- rice noodles
- chili infused oil (peanut oil, olive oil, sesame oil – any will work in a pinch!)
- garlic (fresh or jarred minced works!)
- creamy almond butter (crunchy could work too!)
- soy sauce (sub tamari for gluten-free)
- brown sugar (maple syrup & agave also work well!)
- chili garlic sauce
- rice vinegar
How to make this simple dish
- First, cook the rice noodles according to instructions on the package.
- Then, heat the chili oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Whisk in the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir in noodles and serve topped with slivered almonds, sesame seeds and green onions, if desired!
You may also like
Spicy Almond Butter Noodles
- 16 oz (453 g) rice noodles
- 2 tsp (15 g) chili oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tbsp [9 g] jarred minced)
- 1/4 cup (64 g) creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) soy sauce (or gluten-free option)
- 3 tbsp (41 g) light brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) chili garlic sauce more for extra spice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) unseasoned rice vinegar
- ¼ cup (26 g) slivered almonds
- 2 green onions chopped
- Sesame seeds
- Cook rice noodles according to package instructions. Strain and rinse in cold water.
- While the noodles are cooking, make the sauce. Heat chili oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic and cook for 30 seconds to a minute, until fragrant.
- Whisk in the rest of the ingredients. Let cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the cooked noodles and serve immediately topped with almonds, green onions and sesame seeds.