These bars are soft, chewy, and deliciously loaded with peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips and vegan m&m’s. Love the combination of sweet and salty? Top them off with some flaky sea salt!
These bars are loaded with goodies like peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips and vegan m&m’s! You need the following 12 ingredients for this recipe:
- all-purpose flour
- traditional rolled oats
- baking soda and salt
- vegan butter
- creamy no-stir peanut butter
- light brown sugar and granulated sugar
- non-dairy milk
- pure vanilla extract
- vegan chocolate chips and vegan candy coated chocolate pieces
If desired, top them off with some flaky sea salt for a delicious combination of sweet and salty!
The making of these cookie bars
These bars start with an easy vegan oatmeal peanut butter cookie dough. The dough will be soft, fluffy, and so good, you’ll struggle not to lick the spoon.
Next, you’ll stir in chocolate chips and candy coated chocolates. Press the dough into an 8×8-inch pan lined with parchment paper.
Top with extra chocolate chips and candies – the more the merrier!
Bake at 350°F until golden-brown, then remove from the oven and top with flaky sea salt (optional, but highly recommended).
Allow to cool completely, then slice and serve! If you try cutting these while they are still warm, you will likely have a gooey mess.
You may also like
Monster Cookie Bars
- 1 1/4 cups (156 g) all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled or weighed)
- 3/4 cup (60 g) traditional rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick [113 g]) vegan butter
- 3/4 cup (180 g) creamy no-stir peanut butter
- 3/4 cup (165 g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) non-dairy milk
- 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (128 g) vegan chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup (100 g) vegan candy coated chocolate pieces, plus more for topping
- Flaky sea salt, for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8” square pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the flour, oats, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate, large mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the peanut butter, milk, and vanilla until creamy.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and candies.
- Press into the prepared pan. Top with extra chocolate and candies.
- Bake for 26-30 minutes, until golden-brown.
- Top with sea salt, if desired.
- Allow to cool completely, then slice and serve.