Say hello to your new favorite quinoa salad. This dish is light, crisp, and fresh. It’s loaded with quinoa, onion, corn, fresh cilantro, bell pepper, dried cranberries, slivered almonds, and chickpeas. It’s all tossed in the most delicious, lightly sweetened white balsamic dressing.
This dish is loaded with the following healthy ingredients:
It’s all tossed in a delicious white balsamic dressing made from:
You may also like
Cold Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup (180 g) dry quinoa
- 1/4 cup (25 g) chopped onion, chopped small
- 1 cup (170 g) corn
- 1/4 cup (15 g) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup (50 g) bell pepper, chopped small
- 1/3 cup (45 g) dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup (35 g) slivered almonds
- 1 cup (164 g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) agave or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Cook the quinoa: Combine the quinoa with 2 cups (480 ml) of water in a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to boil, lower to a simmer, cover, and allow to gently simmer for about 12 minutes or until water is completely absorbed. Set aside or place in the fridge to cool.
- While the quinoa is cooling, prepare the dressing by mixing all ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the chilled quinoa, all vegetables, cranberries and cilantro.
- Pour the dressing on top of the salad and combine well. Serve immediately or chill until you serve!