This is one of our favorite sides for the holidays. Loaded with veggies, dried fruits and nuts, it’s sure to impress even the pickiest eaters.
These roasted veggies are perfectly sweet and salty, and made of a few simple ingredients:
- Brussels sprouts
- Olive oil
- Maple syrup (we find this to be the best deal!)
- Fresh garlic cloves
- Onion powder, salt & pepper
- Dried Cranberries
How to make these roasted veggies
It is beyond easy to whip up this dish:
- Prepare. Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together ingredients. Mix together the brussels sprouts, carrots, olive oil, maple syrup, minced garlic and onion powder. Spread on the prepared baking sheet.
- Partially bake. Bake for 20 minutes, toss the veggies around, then sprinkle walnuts and dried cranberries on top.
- Finish baking. Bake another 20 minutes (or as needed to ensure all veggies are cooked) and serve with salt and pepper.
Do yourself a favor and make this simple side dish soon, you won’t regret it. Healthy, delicious and simple — what more could you ask for?
You may also like
Roasted Maple Brussels and Carrots
- 4 cups halved brussels sprouts cut into fourths if large
- 2 cups crinkle carrots or baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the brussels sprouts and baby carrots in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the olive oil, maple syrup, garlic and onion powder in a small bowl.
- Toss and coat the veggies with the olive oil mixture.
- Lay the veggies out evenly on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Take out, flip and sprinkle walnuts and dried cranberries evenly.
- Bake for another 20 minutes (may need longer depending on size of vegetables).
- Take out of oven, place back in mixing bowl and toss in salt and pepper. Add more to taste.