This One-Pot “Beef” and Shells is the perfect quick and easy meal for busy weeknights. It’s loaded with vegan beef and cheese making it super filling and creamy – plus, we absolutely love the convenience of one-pot meals! So, what are you waiting for? Make this dish for your family this week.
All you need are the following ingredients to get started! We’ve linked some of our favorite brands to help you stock up on some ingredients.
- olive oil
- vegan beef grounds – we like Impossible!
- garlic (either jarred minced or minced fresh will do!)
- dried spices
- tomato sauce
- vegetable broth
- plain unsweetened rice milk (this is our favorite milk to use in cooking)
- pasta shells
- vegan cheddar shreds
How to make this delicious dish
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and add chopped onions, cooking until translucent.
- Stir in vegan ground beef and cook, stirring often, for 7-10 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Stir in seasonings, tomato sauce, vegetable broth and rice milk.
- Add dry pasta shells and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, until the pasta is tender.
- Stir in vegan cheddar shreds until melted and serve!
You may also like
Creamy One-Pot “Beef” and Shells
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 medium white onion diced
- 12 oz (340 g) vegan ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or 2 tbsp [18 g] jarred minced)
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 15 oz (444 ml) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (355 ml) vegetable broth
- 1 cup (240 ml) plain unsweetened rice milk
- 8 oz (230 g) medium pasta shells
- 1 ½ cups (169 g) vegan cheddar shreds
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, for 5-7 minutes, until translucent.
- Stir in the ground “beef” and stir often until cooked, 7-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds to a minute, until fragrant.
- Stir in the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato sauce, vegetable broth and rice milk and stir to fully combine. Add the shells, stir well and turn the heat to high, bringing the mixture to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium-low, bringing the mixture to a simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15-17 minutes, or until the pasta is tender and the sauce has thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Mix in the cheddar shreds until fully melted. Season with more salt and pepper and serve warm, topped with parsley, if desired.