This simple pasta recipe comes together in under 30 minutes and with only 7 main ingredients. Although it’s super quick and easy to whip up, this dish is definitely not lacking in flavor. Lemon and garlic complement each other perfectly making for the most delicious dish. Plus, it can easily be made gluten-free!
If you have the following on-hand, then get cooking:
- fettuccine noodles
- vegan butter
- crushed red pepper flakes
- garlic powder
- dried parsley
- salt & pepper
- vegan parm & fresh parsley for topping
How to make this pasta
This pasta is ridiculously quick and easy to whip up!
First, just cook a box of fettuccine noodles according to package instructions. Then, melt some vegan butter in a large skillet and stir in freshly minced garlic, lemon zest, and crushed red pepper and cook for 30 seconds to a minute. Stir in a bit of garlic powder, dried parsley and salt and pepper. Add the noodles and coat in the butter mixture and then stir in fresh lemon juice. Top with vegan parmesan and fresh parsley then serve!
You may also like
Lemon Garlic Butter Pasta
- 12 oz (340 g) fettuccine pasta noodles gluten-free if desired
- 1 large lemon (for zest and juice)
- 1/3 cup (75 g) vegan butter
- 8 fresh garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp (11 g) salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Vegan parmesan cheese for topping
- Fresh parsley for topping
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Strain, rinse, and (if desired) toss in a bit of oil to keep from sticking.
- Zest the lemon and set the zest aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic, lemon zest, and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook for 30 seconds to a minute, until the garlic is fragrant.
- Turn the heat to low and stir in the garlic powder, dried parsley, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cooked noodles.
- Squeeze the juice from the entire lemon on top of the noodles and stir to coat.
- Serve topped with parmesan and parsley.