Sunday brunch is one of our favorite family traditions. We love to serve up a big brunch of tofu scramble (recipe here!), hash browns, vegan sausage and bacon, toast, and something sweet to go along with it all! Some of our favorites are our cinnamon streusel coffee cake, banana bread, and these french toast sticks!
This recipe is so easy to make and kid-approved. So don’t hesitate to make it for brunch this weekend!
All you need for the batter is four simple ingredients:
French Toast Dippers
- 1/2 cup almond milk any nondairy milk will work
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 3 slices thick cut bread we love texas toast
- Vegetable oil for lightly frying*
- Powdered sugar for topping optional
- Syrup for serving
- Blend the almond milk, banana, cinnamon, and vanilla in a blender or food processor. Pour into a wide bowl.
- Cut each piece of bread into four slices.
- Cover the bottom of a frying pan with a bit of oil.
- Dip each strip of bread into batter and lightly fry on medium-high heat on each side until golden brown.
- Top with powdered sugar, if using, and serve with syrup.