One of our favorite appetizers prior to going vegan was spinach con queso dip, so of course we had to veganize it. This dish takes about 15 minutes to whip up and is much healthier than the original!
To make the vegan version of our favorite dip, we use:
Vegan Cream Cheese (we use Tofutti)
Vegan Cheese (we use Daiya pepperjack and cheddar!)
Diced Tomatoes (we use this kind!)
Vegetable stock (this brand is organic!)
You won’t be able to get enough of this! Full recipe below!
Creamy Spinach Queso
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes (we use fire roasted garlic)
- 2 cups vegan cheese shreds we use half pepperjack and half cheddar
- 1 8 oz tub vegan cream cheese we like trader joes and tofutti
- 1/2 jalapeño seeded & chopped
- 1 tbsp. garlic salt
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach can sub for frozen if you would like
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Mix well and cover.
- Turn heat up to high, bringing the queso to a boil and stir (make sure to not burn).
- Next, turn the heat down to low and let simmer for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- That’s it – serve with tortilla chips or whatever you’d like!