Which is why it’s about time for a classic chocolate chip cookie bar recipe to make an appearance on our blog.
You’ll need just 10 ingredients for perfectly soft, chewy, chocolatey bars:
- all purpose flour (always be sure to measure your flour correctly)
- baking soda
- vegan buttery sticks (we always keep these in our fridge)
- brown sugar
- non-dairy milk (we typically use oat milk or soy milk in baking)
- non-dairy chocolate chips (we love Enjoy Life dark chocolate morsels and semi-sweet minis)
You can have these ready in less than 40 minutes, so what are you waiting for?
Check out some other cookie bar recipes
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 2 1/4 cups (281 g) all-purpose flour (measured correctly)*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp (5 g) cornstarch
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks [169 g]) vegan buttery sticks, slightly softened*
- 1/3 cup (73 g) packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (150 g) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp (10 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup (212 g) vegan chocolate chips, separated
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9"×13" pan and set aside.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch to medium mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add the butter, sugars, milk, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl. Beat until combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix until combined.
- Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie dough evenly into the prepared pan. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips and gently press in.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 16-18 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean or with just crumbs.
- Allow to cool slightly and slice into 24 bars.