Which is why it’s about time for a classic chocolate chip cookie bar recipe to make an appearance on our blog.
You’ll need just 10 ingredients for perfectly soft, chewy, chocolatey bars:
all purpose flour (always be sure to measure your flour correctly)
baking soda, salt, and cornstarch
vegan buttery sticks (we always keep these in our fridge)
You can have these ready in less than 40 minutes, so what are you waiting for?
If you love these, be sure to check out some other cookie bar recipes:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup vegan buttery sticks**
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup non-dairy chocolate chips, separated
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9"×13" pan and set aside.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch to medium mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add the butter, sugars, milk, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl. Beat until combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix until combined.
- Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie dough evenly into the prepared pan. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips and gently press in.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 16-18 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean or with just crumbs.
- Allow to cool slightly and slice into 24 bars.