Which is why it’s about time for a classic chocolate chip cookie bar recipe to make an appearance on our blog.
You’ll need just 10 ingredients for perfectly soft, chewy, chocolatey bars:
- all purpose flour (always be sure to measure your flour correctly)
- baking soda
- vegan buttery sticks (we always keep these in our fridge)
- brown sugar
- non-dairy milk (we typically use oat milk or soy milk in baking)
- non-dairy chocolate chips (we love Enjoy Life dark chocolate morsels and semi-sweet minis)
You can have these ready in less than 40 minutes, so what are you waiting for?
Check out some other cookie bar recipes
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup vegan buttery sticks, slightly softened**
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup non-dairy chocolate chips, separated
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9"×13" pan and set aside.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch to medium mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add the butter, sugars, milk, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl. Beat until combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix until combined.
- Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie dough evenly into the prepared pan. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips and gently press in.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 16-18 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean or with just crumbs.
- Allow to cool slightly and slice into 24 bars.